Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why I can't see the "send reset security info to email to e****@gmail.com" on my Passowrd and Security category

Please help me, I don't know why I don't see the blue link under my last security questions that says "send reset security info to email to e****@gmail.com" on my Passowrd and Security category after log in to my apple account, I just want to change security password because I forgot the answers, and my alternative mails like Yahoomail and Gmail are verified by Apple, why I don't see the blue link to send change confirmation to my alternative emails? Please help

iPad Air, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 29, 2015 2:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2015 3:44 AM

The reset link will only show if you have a rescue email address on your account, alternate email addresses are different and are not used for resetting security questions. You will have to contact Support in your country to get the questions reset.

Contacting Apple about account security : Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security

If your country isn't on that page then try this form to contact Support : https://www.apple.com/emea/support/itunes/contact.html

When they've been reset you can then add a rescue email address for potential future use : Manage your Apple ID primary, rescue, alternate, and notification email addresses

Or if it's available in your country you could change to 2-step verification : Frequently asked questions about two-step verification for Apple ID

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2015 3:44 AM in response to Lexine17

The reset link will only show if you have a rescue email address on your account, alternate email addresses are different and are not used for resetting security questions. You will have to contact Support in your country to get the questions reset.

Contacting Apple about account security : Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security

If your country isn't on that page then try this form to contact Support : https://www.apple.com/emea/support/itunes/contact.html

When they've been reset you can then add a rescue email address for potential future use : Manage your Apple ID primary, rescue, alternate, and notification email addresses

Or if it's available in your country you could change to 2-step verification : Frequently asked questions about two-step verification for Apple ID

May 30, 2015 6:06 AM in response to King_Penguin

i used to live in Malaysia long time ago when i made this apple ID now i came back to
iraq . with the technological advancement over the 4-6 years that passed we have now the option for online payment which means i can purchase anything i want .
the only problem is when i try to purchase something i get the "answer your secret questions" and i don't remember those . and i cant find any support for the country where i live . so ? i came across this similar question because i don't have the option to reset my info .

so ? any ideas maybe i can offer apple a picture of my passport or any kind of document so they can verify my identity and reset the questions ? for my ID or am i stuck ? with no support options ?

May 30, 2015 6:08 AM in response to ultmate_dante

There isn't currently an iTunes store in Iraq, so you can't buy or download any iTunes content (you would be violating the store's terms if you try to do so) - until if/when Apple open an iTunes store there, or you move to a country that has an iTunes store (in which case you would be able to contact that country's store), there is no need to reset the info as you can't buy anything.

Why I can't see the "send reset security info to email to e****@gmail.com" on my Passowrd and Security category

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.