Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internet Authentication Problem

My internet at home works like those in public places where when you try to connect for the first time, it makes you go through some sort of authentication. I have the username and password so that wasn't a problem at first. My concern is that whenever I come back home, it should connect automatically, right? Thing is, it does because I have the signal icon on the status bar but I couldn't use the internet. I turned the auto-login and auto-connect off so that the authentication popup thing would appear every time just to be sure that I'll be able to connect. But sometimes it doesn't. And it still sometimes connects automatically so now I couldn't bring my phone anywhere outside because I'm scared I might not be able to connect again when I get home.

I'm sorry I didn't get to explain this more clearly. I don't know how to.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that I think I need to know how to make the authentication pop up whenever I couldn't connect or should I buy a new router? Or is my phone the problem here? The internet connection comes with the apartment I'm in so I couldn't really do anything about that.

I've tried turning my phone's wifi on and off several times already whenever this happens. Also tried forgetting the network too. Sometimes it made the popup come out, sometimes no.

Any help would be so much appreciated. Thank you!

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 29, 2015 6:23 AM

3 replies

Internet Authentication Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.