Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast App: Why are my podcasts not downloading on my phone? They say "preparing to download" but the download never begins.

Recently my subscribed podcasts quit downloading to my phone. They show as "preparing to download" and they are available over the internet but they do not actually load on my phone. As you can see below, everything looks fine, but the download never actually begins.

I checked and I have 3.5 GB of free memory which is plenty for the size of downloads I am talking about.

Thank you in advance!!

User uploaded file

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 29, 2015 6:54 AM

1 reply

Feb 14, 2017 7:00 AM in response to di1980

I'm also experiencing the same issue. I find when this happens i have to swipe down on the downloads list and click Cancel all downloads. Then I go into the menu for each individual podcast that has a cloud icon and select Download episode. Each will download immediately.

I know it's not a fix but i have no confidence that Apple conciders this a priority for a future update so this is my workaround for now. I hope they prove me wrong but we'll see?

Best Regards to everyone!

Podcast App: Why are my podcasts not downloading on my phone? They say "preparing to download" but the download never begins.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.