Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pretty basic problem

I get no sound out of Logic except from internal speakers, no matter which Audio out source I select. This is embarassing, I thought I was so savvy. Using Logic Pro 8 after few years' hiatus. New computer to me. Tried a restart. Has to be a Logic setting since internet sounds come out thru where they are directed by the Sound prefs. Baffled!

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 29, 2015 3:42 AM

4 replies

May 29, 2015 2:08 PM in response to Pancenter

Pancenter wrote:

Mac Sound Prefs have nothing to do with Logic.

With one exception !

If you have selected "System Settings" in Logic's Audio Device window, then Logic uses whatever Audio Device that is selected in the System Sound Preferences Window

User uploaded file

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

May 30, 2015 1:13 AM in response to EdgarRothermich

Edgar wrote:

Pancenter wrote:

Mac Sound Prefs have nothing to do with Logic.

With one exception !

If you have selected "System Settings" in Logic's Audio Device window, then Logic uses whatever Audio Device that is selected in the System Sound Preferences Window

Ahhh... thanks Edgar,

I'm old school on this, I never use a 3rd party audio interface for anything other than Logic, I leave all of the computer sounds/playback other than Logic through built-in audio, the last thing I want is any of the computer's audio coming through my main monitoring system. Even though multi-client drivers are part of the Mac OS spec not every company takes the time to get them right, I never have problems with my system, perhaps all these precautions payoff.

I probably could have phrased it better, Logic has it's own audio device settings and does not directly rely on Mac OS audio settings. I see that as being functionally independent because you would still have to use Logic's Preferences/Audio setting to select the device whether it be system or third party.

Pretty basic problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.