Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to delete mail attahments from phone memory ?

Hi everyone. My problem is, whenever i read an email attachment by my phone, it is saved automatically. I need to check many emails everyday with attachments, and my "attachments" in the "stogare" of the phone is 2.2 GB. How can i delete the attachments, or how can i make a setting that the attachments will not be saved automatically, just like on the computer ? You know on the computer, when you download an attachment, it is saved in a "temporary" folder, and when you close the web browser or when you turn off your computer, they are deleted. But in iphone, it is not deleted. Any attachment which i read months ago, still on the phone memory.

Today i tried : "Mail" icon, "edit" on the up right, i marked "attachments" so it showed all the attachments. I deleted some, but i discovered that what is deleted is not the attachment file which is saved on the phone memory, but the email massage itself together with the attachment. It is deleted not from the phone but from the mail server, so when i check by computer, i also cannot find. So i had to "recover" all of them again from the "trash box" of the email server, so it is no use, my "attachments" is still 2.2 GB which is getting bigger day by day. Please everyone, show me a way, i have only few hundreds MB free storage on my 16 G phone, any "mail attahments" is 2.2 GB. Thanks in advance.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 29, 2015 5:16 AM

There are no replies.

how to delete mail attahments from phone memory ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.