Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Set up a new Airport Extreme, WiFi router throwing a stronger signal.

Have just set up a new Airport Extreme to our WiFi router. Everything is green and good to go, BUT... The WiFi router seems to be pushing the WiFi signal much further than the Airport Extreme. This doesn't seem normal to me! Can anyone help or offer any advice? Thanks in advance!!

WiFi router - NETCOMMNB6Plus4W

Airport Extreme - Just purchased new today

Posted on May 29, 2015 4:35 AM

2 replies

May 29, 2015 5:45 AM in response to JindyWeb

The 2.4ghz range on the Netcomm is only G and is probably better range than the airport..

There is no 5ghz on the netcomm.. so you should you that for better speed.. the problem is apple clients join to the best signal.. not the best speed..

So simply set wireless name to AE24ghz for example.. on the wireless tab..

Mine is TC so I name it TC24ghz.

User uploaded file

Go to wireless options and change the name of the 5ghz.

For you AE5ghz

User uploaded file

It might look a bit different to this.. but it will be fine.

Country should show Australia (at a guess that Netcomm are Aussie)..

You can also force the channels but for now just try it.

May 30, 2015 4:41 PM in response to JindyWeb

Thanks so much for you help and the info. Have made quite a few adjustments, got it working in pretty good order but the AirPort Extreme is not suitable for what we need. As you mentioned the range of the Netcomm is actually stronger than the Extreme. I was under the impression the Extreme would have a far wide reach than the Netcomm.

Set up a new Airport Extreme, WiFi router throwing a stronger signal.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.