Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SD card keeps ejecting, can it be stopped??

I have had my 13" MBP for a week now and generally loving it, it's a great laptop apart from one issue.

As i only have 128MB of disk space, I wanted to use a 128MB JetDrive in the SD card slot as expansion.

This worked well apart from it keeps ejecting when the MBP sleeps or naps and does not auto mount when waking up.

Even if i pull the SD out and replace it it will not mount and the only way is a reboot with the card inserted. Even though its fast, rebooting is not an option as the laptop is in intermittent continuous use - usually napping and then working when i need it.

I recharge at night and shut the lid for the trip to and from work each day, its only been rebooted three times since i bought it.

Can this issue be fixed as it is really a downer on my MBP experience.

Thanks

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 29, 2015 5:54 AM

4 replies

May 29, 2015 7:22 AM in response to davek0974

I have just tried putting the SD card into a borrowed USB adaptor and it mounts immediately.

I then tried a different SD card in the built in slot and nothing - no mount, no icon.

Looks like the SD card slot in my two week old MBP is busted even though the card has only been inserted a couple of times????

Surely Apple hardware is better than this????

SD card keeps ejecting, can it be stopped??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.