Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airplay for one of my two airports stopped working

Hello, I have a wireless network in my apartment that includes the latest generations of an airport extreme (which is connected to my cable modem), two airport expresses and a time capsule. The airport expresses are used as signal amplifiers and as airplay devices (each one is connected with an audio cable to a stereo).

For some reason, airplay on one of my airport expresses stopped working (no sound at all). Airport utility says that it is on line and that the connection is excellent, and I am able to play other components on the stereo that it's connected to. When I choose the other airport for airplay in System Prefs, it works fine (and it is much further away from my laptop, and behind a wall to boot, while the one that isn't working is only about 3 feel from my laptop, in line of sight).

I bought the airport express that isn't working only 6 months ago, new, from an Apple Store. It has worked fine until now. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 29, 2015 6:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2015 3:11 PM

Factory reset the problematic Express.. redo the setup.. things do start working pretty often after you do that.

Or swap locations.. does the problem follow the express or stay in the location.

After that basic troubleshoot you can determine if the issue is the express that is still in warranty.. take it to the apple store for testing/replacement under warranty.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2015 3:11 PM in response to trobert225

Factory reset the problematic Express.. redo the setup.. things do start working pretty often after you do that.

Or swap locations.. does the problem follow the express or stay in the location.

After that basic troubleshoot you can determine if the issue is the express that is still in warranty.. take it to the apple store for testing/replacement under warranty.

airplay for one of my two airports stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.