Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Replacement

User uploaded file

So I have a Macbook Pro 15 inch (2.2 Late 2011). For the past year-ish, it has been randomly shutting down, while either connected or not connected to power. Now, it will not turn/stay on without being connected to the power adapter, even then it will still sometimes randomly shut down.

After I boot it back up, the time and date is all out of whack and nothing works properly until I reset to correct time and date and reset the laptop.

Never could find a solution for this problem. Until recently, in the photo I've included (above), it says "Condition: Replace Now".

I'm just curious if replacing the battery will fix this problem and around how much Apple charges to do it (In Canada).

Thanks!!!

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 29, 2015 9:22 AM

2 replies

May 29, 2015 9:59 AM in response to mikeydub89

The symptoms you describe indicate that the battery is becoming or is totally discharged which will cause the date to change to the default value. I urge you to take out the battery as quickly as you can. It is not unusual for an old and expired battery to start expanding and damage the MBP.

The costs in Canada for a replacement battery are:

User uploaded file

Ciao.

Battery Replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.