Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Received the text message hack that makes your phone turn off now i cant open my messaging app.

My friend sent me the text message in arabic letters thats been going around that suppose to turn off your phone when you open it. In my case, it restarted my phone about 3 times then no longer allows me to open my text messaging app. Just opens for half a second with a blank white screen then force closes. Ive tried everything in the settings, ive restarted my phone like 10 times, ive tried making siri send me a text, and everything else in the book. My last option is to restore my phone which i dont want to do bkuz i havent backed it up for about 3 months. I heard apple is working on coming out with an update to fix this bug and for now thats my only hope but God knows how long that will take. Ive realized this particularly only happens with the Iphone 6+ because thats what i have and my friend with the same phone is having the same issue. Let me know if any of you know the solution to this.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3, 64gb

Posted on May 29, 2015 6:05 AM

There are no replies.

Received the text message hack that makes your phone turn off now i cant open my messaging app.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.