Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After my iPod has been turned off for a couple of minutes; it seems to disconnect from the internet. Any reasons?

I've had this iPod touch for a little over a year and never had any major issues until this. As the topic states, my iPod seems to disconnect from the internet after being turned off for a few minutes. A few days ago I was on Instagram while my internet shut off and apparently was automatically set back to factory-like settings. Ever since then my iPod has been acting kinda wacky and I can't find any solution. The alerts and notifications don't show up on my lock screen very consistently and when they don't, I put my passcode in and the alert or notification shows up on my home screen. It does a weird thing when I turn it on; the wifi signal shows that it's at 1-bar of strength, then the signal goes away completely, and once I put my passcode in, the signal reappears as a 3-bar connection. (Which it is). It's a 5th generation running the latest iOS.

iPod touch, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 29, 2015 8:10 AM

5 replies

May 29, 2015 8:11 AM in response to _Gelespi

Try to reset your network settings.

Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings

Try to reset your device. This won't delete your data stored on the phone.

• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button
  • Press and hold on the Home button
  • Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off and back on with Apple logo on it.

Alternatively, you may go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201559

After my iPod has been turned off for a couple of minutes; it seems to disconnect from the internet. Any reasons?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.