Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Edirol FA-66 and WIndows under Bootcamp

I recently bought an Intel based iMac.

I have installed Windows 8.1 using Bootcamp and have appropriate leads and adapters to connect my Edirol (Roland) FA-66 sound rack. With Yosemite this work fine however when I boot into Windows I cannot install the Driver for the FA-66, the Driver install package tells me I'm using unsupported hardware (or words to that effect).

Just checking the Readme for the Driver it states : "Mac computers running Microsoft Windows are not supported.". Why is this ? Does anyone know ? Patently it's not the Thunderbolt port as the device works when connected to the port under OSX. Additionally Windows can work with a Display connected to the Thunderbolt Port.

Is it perhaps Windows ability to use the Thunderbolt Port for Firewire, or is it just Edirol being obstructive ?

The FA-66 works fine on a 'True' Windows PC with Windows 8.1.

Cheers,

Peter.....

Posted on May 29, 2015 8:19 AM

6 replies

Jun 12, 2015 11:31 PM in response to Loner T

Sorry for the delay in replying.

I am already using a TB-Firewire adapter and appropriate cable to connect the Device & Windows does recognize it is connected, the issue however is that Roland (Edirol) do not allow their Driver to be installed on a Mac running Windows. On a Pure Windows PC it is fine.

Peter.....

Edirol FA-66 and WIndows under Bootcamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.