Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why will Siri never say my name?

She would always write as a response "It's OK, Noga" or "I thought so, Noga." but when she says it, she will only say "It's OK" or "I thought so."

at first, I thought she just didn't know how to pronounce it. so I said, "You're pronouncing my name wrong", and taught her how to pronounce it, but she still doesn't. why is that?

Plus, I am trying to make her get my brother's name right. his name is "Alon", pronounced like "uh-lon". I try to get her pronounce it right, but all of her suggestions to pronouncing it sound like "Ellen" and "Alone", and nothing like his name, and I don't want to spell it in a different way just to get her to say it right. how do I make her pronounce it right?

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.3, null

Posted on May 29, 2015 7:59 AM

2 replies

Why will Siri never say my name?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.