Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble with wifi in macbook air and ipad2

My macbook air and ipad 2 can't connect to my wifi, but they can connect to other wifi networks. Also, my imac can connect to my wifi.

My wifi network seems to be working fine, and I can connect to it using my imac, but when I try to connect using my macbook air or my ipad 2, my wifi is detected and can connect to it but when I open my web browser or use apps that need internet, the apps and browsers act like if there was no internet at all. If I do the same with my imac, then nothing strange happens, everything works perfectly. My macbook air is a 11 inches, early 2014 with os x Yosemite 10.10.3 and my imac is of 21.5 inches late 2012 with version 10.9.5 I don't know think is because of the os x Yosemite because I just update my macbook air, thinking that was the problem, so I couldn't connect to my wifi network with my macbook air even when I didn't have it updated. Can someone help me? Please.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 29, 2015 9:53 AM

3 replies

May 29, 2015 4:08 PM in response to Dins3939

If the computer and iPad are connecting to WiFi but you cannot get onto the Internet the problem is that those devices aren’t getting an IP address from the router. There are lots of possibilities here so I’ll start out asking a few questions and offering one possible easy solution. Solution: try shutting down both devices that won’t connect to the internet. Then reboot the WiFi router and wait until your iMac can get online then turn on the two devices and see if they connect. Now for the questions if that didn’t work:

1) what kind of router is it?

2) did you (or someone else) configure it or did you just plug it in and start using it?

3) if it was configured, do you know what kinds of things were done?

Trouble with wifi in macbook air and ipad2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.