Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I found, rather my wife found, two blocked numbers on my month old iphone 6. 1 was a number i had never called or been called by, the other just a string of numbers. Anybody ever had this happen????

I found, rather my wife found, two blocked numbers on my month old iphone 6. One was a number that I had never called or been called by. The other was more a string of numbers that could have been a phone number but with a couple of extra digits!! I have not blocked any numbers, so how is it that they are blocked? Is there a ghost in the machine!!!! Or has anyone else had this happen?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 29, 2015 10:29 AM

3 replies

Jun 10, 2015 6:53 AM in response to Bubba Earl

Bubba Earl wrote:

Is it possible someone could sync with my phone with out me knowing? Thanks,

Anyone who knows your iCloud password can sync to your data in iCloud. If you also sync to iTunes on a computer and someone uses that same computer and has access to your phone they could sync it via iTunes. Otherwise no, there's no way for anybody to secretly put info on your device.

Is there a chance your wife was the one who was near the phone when those numbers came in and she tapped "block" inadvertently? the gibberish string could have been a spoofed caller ID from a spammer. If so, blocking it won't actually do anything as the spammer is unlikely to use the same random spoof ID again.

I found, rather my wife found, two blocked numbers on my month old iphone 6. 1 was a number i had never called or been called by, the other just a string of numbers. Anybody ever had this happen????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.