Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage still not working

***********UPDATES AS FOLLOWS: I posted this yesterday andlllaass commented to do the following "

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device."

I have tried this in the past, as well as this morning, it did nothing to solve the problem. I would also like to add that, as far as i know, this imessage problem has NOTHING to do with that text string that is going around.*********************************

Approximately two and a half to three months ago, when iOS update 8.02 came out, i updated my blue 32gb 5th Gen iPod touch.

Upon completion of the update, my messages app kept closing itself out on its own, and would not properly open. the screen looked like this and would lock up my iPod, and then close: User uploaded file

Sometimes it will open and display my conversations like this:User uploaded file

Then when i select a conversation, it will close the app after my ipod freezes. If the app does open the convo, it looks like this(with the whole convo except the very last message blank. And these are convos i have had for about a year):User uploaded file

According to my device's (memory) storage/usage, the messages are still there:User uploaded file

When i open the "Messages" portion of settings, it will also lock up my iPod. i would show the portion where it displays that it saves my messages "forever," but it will not open without completely locking up, causing me to force a shutdown.

i have tried forcing a shutdown and restart (holding home and lock keys for 10 sec.), resetting the network settings, logging out & back into messages, turning messages off and back on, resetting the device to factory default, i have done every type of reset/reboot/troubleshooting that i can find that is suggested for any problem.Once or twice in those months, i managed to somehow get a single convo to load like normal, however, exiting the convo or loading previous portions of the convo caused the app to crash.if i send a message or receive one, it does not fix the problem, it only changes the message that is visible. i have not found any obvious causes to the problem. a visit to a Genius bar is out of the question because the closest one is a 6 hour drive. i have asked about this problem before with no response. my device is no longer under the warranties provided by apple. If this is something that requires me call support, will they charge me, and if so, what are the prices?(side question)

i guess my actual question is how do i recover those "lost but not really lost" messages?

---thank you for your help.

*******last note, when i say messenger, imessage, message app, imessenger, or anything referring to an app, i am speaking of the messaging app that comes preinstalled on every iPod Touch and iPhone as part of apple's software.*********

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8.2

Posted on May 29, 2015 9:27 AM

There are no replies.

iMessage still not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.