Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can anyone identify this photo app?

Hi All,

I know this one is a long shot. I have a client who used some type of photo management app or camera app a long while back. She liked it because she could view her photos (either on her Mac, or on the camera card) in a 'Finder-type window'. Unlike the Finder, that has limited options for what you can have as options/columns when viewing a window in list view, this app(?) had MANY more options when viewing your photos in list view. On the left, it had a small thumbnail of the photo, then had info like: aperture, color space, EXIF, focal length, ISO, etc.

Here's the problem. She doesn't recall what app or method she used. All she has are two old screen captures. Unfortunately the captures don't show any identifying areas... just the file list part.

I've attached one of the screen caps in the hopes that one of you smart Mac peeps would know what the app or hardware is.

- She's running MacOS 10.7

- Her camera is a Nikon D80

- She doesn't have Adobe Lightroom or Apple Aperture installed.

- She does have iPhoto '08 (7.1.4) installed, but we can't find anything in there

- She does have Adobe Bridge CS6, but knows she didn't use that.

Thanks a bunch in advance.

User uploaded file

Posted on May 29, 2015 9:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2015 9:26 AM

That application pictured is image capture.

3 replies

May 29, 2015 9:28 AM in response to Greg Holdsworth

I'm not a Mac user, but is it possible this is software that may have come with the camera. I know my digital cameras came with device specific software that could be loaded on the computer. I would ask the client if the camera came with a disc, and if they used that to load any device drivers, which could have also loaded this camera specific software.

Can anyone identify this photo app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.