Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can i disassociate the Apple ID from the iPad without the Apple ID information

My company issues iPad's to our users. When a user leaves the company, they turn in their iPad.

However, when we go to re-issue the unit. it is tied to the ex employee's Apple ID.

How can I disassociate the Apple ID from the iPad without the ex employee's Apple ID information?

I have about 30 units stacking up now.

iPad 2, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 29, 2015 11:34 AM

2 replies

May 29, 2015 11:41 AM in response to Steven5355

If you are seeing Activation Lock, You can't.

iCloud: Activation Lock

Employees should not be allowed to use their Apple IDs on company devices.

And if they are, they should be made to un locked them before allowing departure.

Activation Lock is a security feature that cannot be bypassed.

For now, the only thing you can do, is go to an Apple Store, with Proof of Purchase and Ownership of the iPads, and have them restore the devices.

May 29, 2015 2:46 PM in response to Steven5355

Hi Steven5355,

You may want to consider enrolling in Apple's Device Enrollment Program (DEP) to prevent this from happening in the future. With DEP and an MDM, you can "Supervise" the devices allowing for a lot of control of the iPads including wiping, restoring, and forcing mandatory MDM enrollment even if a user has Activation Lock on the iPad. Before we had DEP, we had to show proof of purchase of the devices for our organization in order to have Apple remove the Activation Lock on the devices. So if you have a receipt or invoice that shows that your organization purchased and owned the devices, you should be able to get Apple to remove the Activation Lock on the iPads.

Hope this helps!

~Joe

How can i disassociate the Apple ID from the iPad without the Apple ID information

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.