Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recovered Photos Jumbled Up

Hello,

I there was an accident where I lost my old Macbook (it was running Snow Leopard as this is iPhoto related I was using the iPhoto that came with the initial release of Snow Leopard). The hard drive was recovered and I could get my information out but my iPhoto was lost and all I could recover were the images themselves in a strange folder structure and even stranger ambiguous looking names for the images themselves(please see the image attached). Is there anyone who has a solution as to how I can reorganise the photos in iPhoto (or the new photos app) without manually doing it myself?

Many Thanks

User uploaded file

iPhoto '08, null

Posted on May 29, 2015 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2015 9:07 AM

The hard drive was recovered

What was used to recover the files. Some file recovery apps will just recover the filers but are not able to recover the file name associated with it and assigns its own file name. It sounds like that's what was used on your HD.

Unless you have a backup of the hard drive somewhere that you can use to restore the library you'll have to make do with those files.

You should strongly consider implementing a backup strategy. The easies to implement is with and external HD about 2X the size of your boot drive and Time Machine which comes with every Mac.

User uploaded file

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2015 9:07 AM in response to Fish_Cakes

The hard drive was recovered

What was used to recover the files. Some file recovery apps will just recover the filers but are not able to recover the file name associated with it and assigns its own file name. It sounds like that's what was used on your HD.

Unless you have a backup of the hard drive somewhere that you can use to restore the library you'll have to make do with those files.

You should strongly consider implementing a backup strategy. The easies to implement is with and external HD about 2X the size of your boot drive and Time Machine which comes with every Mac.

User uploaded file

Recovered Photos Jumbled Up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.