Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get a video file on a USB Flashdrive onto my iPhone so I can share it from my iPhone.

I'm using a video special video camera which you put into drains so see where the clog is. It records the video onto a USB flash drive. The first thing I would really like to do is have it record on my iPhone so I can send it directly to a client from the iPhone. If I can't do that I would like to know how to take the USB flshdrive out and plug into my iPhone and then transfer and then send it to my client. Anyone think of a way to do that?

Thanks

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on May 29, 2015 11:05 AM

3 replies

May 29, 2015 12:06 PM in response to ZikzakCorp

Thanks Zikzak. I know I could put it on a computer and then I could just send it straight from the computer, wouldn't need the phone. I don't have a computer in the field but I do have my phone. That's why I'm trying to figure out to get it on my phone so I can send/transfer the video out right away and not wait until I can get back to my computer.

May 29, 2015 12:15 PM in response to bobshot

There are wifi flash drives.

Have you sent the video before. Your isp is likely to have a limit on the max size of the video file. If the size becomes a problem, you'd need to upload to something like dropbox.com and share the link.

Here are some possibilities to look into:

Solutions:

1) Airstash
"Easily access, transfer, and stream your files from AirStash® – the pocketable wireless flash drive for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch! This app requires an AirStash device in order to work. View, import & export photos, wirelessly stream videos, music & podcasts, and view documents stored on your AirStash. AirStash+ is an enhanced alternative to the built-in web interface adding features only possible with a native app."
http://www.airstash.com/

2) Use the i-FlashDrive. You use an app to access what is attached to the adapter.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/i-flashdrive-hd/id525386291?mt=8

3) Wifi version of a memory card. If you can use a memory card

Examples:

WiFi memory cards

How can I get a video file on a USB Flashdrive onto my iPhone so I can share it from my iPhone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.