Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV is defective due to hardware problem

Hi there, my local authorized service center (Machines - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia) told me to contact Apple for this but I couldn't find the right channel to write to. Here's the story. I have an Apple TV (3rd Gen) and the unit wasn't working after 11 months of use. I sent to the local authorized service center and got a replacement unit due to hardware defect. I was told that the replacement unit has 3 months warranty. So after 4 months of usage, the unit not working again. I sent to the service center and below is the email I got,

Good day to you from Machines.

Kindly be informed after diagnose on your Apple TV, we found your Apple TV is defective due to hardware problem. Your Apple TV warranty period has expired.

We suggest you to purchase a new unit from Reseller, since the replacement unit price is almost the same as retail price and the warranty for replacement unit is only 90 days.

I don't mind to buy a new one if the replacement unit is being used for a year but the unit spoiled after 4 months of minimal usage? That's unacceptable. I don't think Apple is expecting a unit to work only 4 months and it's been diagnosed as "defective unit". Meaning it wasn't my fault, why am I not covered for this? Can anyone from Apple contact me on this matter?

Thank you and sorry if I asked a question in the wrong platform.

Posted on May 29, 2015 9:17 AM

3 replies

Apple TV is defective due to hardware problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.