Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud shared calendar event times and dates are changing

So basically, If I create an event starting at 5/28/2015 8:00am and Ending at 5/28/2015 8:10am

When someone I have the calendar shared with opens up the event from their PC at icloud.com, the End time and date will change to a random time and date. For example, my End time will now be 5/29/2015 at 9:35 pm.

This is happening with all 4 of us that share 5 different icloud calendars. Here is the interesting thing though. Everything appears fine from our iPhones.

So from iCloud.com from our PC's, we are constantly having to correct these date and time changes.

I don't believe it to be a time zone issue because it looks fine on our iPhones. Please advise. Than you. -Zee

null-OTHER, Windows 7, icloud.com

Posted on May 29, 2015 11:59 AM

3 replies

Jul 12, 2015 1:41 AM in response to Travelbug808

I'm having the same problem, although my calendars are not shared. It's driving me crazy!!!

About 2/3 of the time when I double-click on an event to modify the details, iCloud shows a randomly changed end time (and sometimes date). It happens more often for events I haven't edited for a long time, and less often for events I have recently edited.

If I cancel the edit and go back to the calendar and then double-click to edit the event again, the end time & date are usually fine. Or, if I click OK the first time (without fixing the random end time), I get an error that says "Couldn't save changes to "THE NAME OF EVENT"" (with the actual name of the event shown) and nothing is changed in the event. Occasionally it actually does save the new random end time, and I get an event that stretches across the whole day or multiple days that I have to go back into and fix.

The only thing I can think of that may be causing the issue is that I have a huge number of calendar entries (probably 20,000 or so) spanning the last 8 years or so and iCloud may be starting to get bogged down with my iCal file. I've been thinking about switching to Google Calendar in hopes of better stability, but I like the iCloud interface better and it syncs pretty well with my iPhone.

iCloud shared calendar event times and dates are changing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.