Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth keyboard that doesn't change layout when changing Ipad's language settings?

Hello,

Is there a bluetooth keyboard that doesn't change the layout when changing the Ipad's language settings?

I write in two different languages, pretty much 50/50. The problem is, that all the keyboards I've tried out so far would change the layout as soon as you'd changed the language settings on the Ipad - which I of course do, cause otherwise things like spell check and auto correct won't work properly... So I'm looking for a keyboard which layout would just always stay the same (e.g. the way it's on the keys) regardless of the language you choose for your Ipad.

Thanks for the help,

Olivia

iPad Air

Posted on May 29, 2015 12:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2015 1:21 PM

You may be able to do what you want via the iPad settings. In your keyboard list, tap on each of the languages you normally use. Then look carefully at the options under Hardware. Select the same one for both languages, such as US if that is what your bluetooth keyboard's layout printing is.

2 replies

Bluetooth keyboard that doesn't change layout when changing Ipad's language settings?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.