Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I accidentally put my downloads folder in trash and it is NOT there.

Hello,

I was trying to place my downloads folder onto the dock, thinking that I could place it next to the trash since it didn't seem to want to go anywhere else. Not a good decision because, instead it did the "POOF" trash thing happened and it disappeared altogether. It's no longer in Finder either over on left side menu like it used to be. I immediately opened up the trash and, though there were lots of other things in there, the downloads folder is nowhere to be found. Strange! I searched "All Files" in Finder and could not find it there either. I then Restarted mac and rechecked everything I mentioned. Still nowhere to be found. I then powered the mac down and waited few seconds and turned back on and checked once again. Still nothing.

HELP Please!!

Thanks so much!!

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), null

Posted on May 29, 2015 11:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2015 11:37 AM

Choose Home from the Finder's Go menu and drag it back.

(128041)

2 replies

May 29, 2015 11:49 AM in response to Celeste76

The System generated Downloads folder can't be trashed because it's needed by OS X, so it's still on your drive. The default location is in Your Mac drive > Users > Your user name. Drag the icon back to the Dock, yes next to the Trash.

The little cloud Poof is displayed when you remove something from the Dock, not when you trash something. Whatever is removed from the Dock can be put back in, along with anything else you want to have a quick access to.

I accidentally put my downloads folder in trash and it is NOT there.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.