Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Effective Power Bug Crashes Messaging App, No Fixes Work

From what I understand, this "Effective Power" bug came out a few days ago, and it turns off someone's phone when you text it to them. Some of my friends and I have been texting the message to each other as little pranks. Today, my friend sent the message, but I think a period was added somewhere, and this must've done something different. Now, I can't even open the messaging app. I have an iPhone 5S on iOS 8.3. I've been looking for the past hour online, I haven't found a permanent fix yet. I've already tried going into airplane mode, texting from a photo/note, having the person text me, and sending a message via Siri. The Siri fix did work for a bit, but I couldn't scroll down a certain bit. When I tried deleting the message that contained the bug, the app crashed. I can't open the messaging app again, and now I'm back to where I started. Has anyone gone down the same path that I have, and knows any extra fix?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 29, 2015 11:18 AM

2 replies

Effective Power Bug Crashes Messaging App, No Fixes Work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.