Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just subscribed to iCloud and iTunes Match on my iPad. Then I enabled iTunes Match on my PC where I had maybe 1/10 as many songs/playlists. Now my iPad is missing all of the songs/playlists except what was on my PC. Where are my songs/playlists?

I just subscribed to iCloud and iTunes Match on my iPad and enabled iTunes Match. Then I enabled iTunes Match on my PC where I had maybe 1/10 as many songs/playlists. Now my iPad is missing all of the songs/playlists except what was on my PC. Where are my songs/playlists?

iPad

Posted on May 29, 2015 1:03 PM

2 replies

May 29, 2015 1:33 PM in response to BrianEMG

I Don't use iTunes Match, but shouldn't you subscribe on the PC and allow all of the music to upland before enabling it on the iPad? According to this, when you do enable iTM on the iPad, the music in the cloud replaces what is on the iPad.

iTunes Match on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Good to know

• When you enable iTunes Match on your iOS device, the music library on your iOS device will be deleted and replaced with your music in iCloud.
  • Syncing music with iTunes will be disabled while iTunes Match is enabled on your iOS device.
  • By default, when you add an iOS device to iTunes Match, the option to download over a cellular network isn't enabled1. To enable downloading over a cellular network for iTunes Match, choose Settings > iTunes & App Stores > Use Cellular Data > On.
  • When you use iTunes Match on an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC, it will be associated with the Apple ID you use for iTunes Match. Learn more about subscribing to iTunes Match.

Jun 1, 2015 6:58 AM in response to Demo

Thanks for the reply, but this didn't really help me.

I enabled iTunes Match on my iPad first, because I wanted all of those songs and playlists to go to the cloud first. Those were the important ones and I was fine with them overwriting the ones on my PC. But instead the ones on my PC overwrote the ones on my iPad.

In any case, I have purchased hundreds of songs on iTunes over the years - and now most are lost. How can Apple not have my purchase history - and now make me repurchase every song if I want to rebuild my library?

Also, why is Apple support so bad? Why can't I call or chat with someone from Apple to answer my questions directly? Very frustrated - and ready to switch back to Windows / Google products.

I just subscribed to iCloud and iTunes Match on my iPad. Then I enabled iTunes Match on my PC where I had maybe 1/10 as many songs/playlists. Now my iPad is missing all of the songs/playlists except what was on my PC. Where are my songs/playlists?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.