Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can you access photos from a broken iphone if they aren't backed up to icloud?

I broke my iphone 5s. I think that it is just the screen because i can hear notifications and phone calls. I am trying to access my photos that were on this phone and when i went on icloud i came to find out that they were not backed up. Is there anyway I can get these photos on a different device?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 29, 2015 12:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2015 1:58 PM

I don't know of a way to access them on the phone if the screen is broken. However, if you have been backing up to iCloud or had it set to automatically backup to iCloud, they may be there. The backed up photos won't show in Photos in iCloud as the backups are stored in a way where you cannot view the contents by logging in to iCloud.com. You can only use the backup to do a complete restore to the phone (or to its replacement or another iOS device).

The section titled "Delete backups and turn off backups for your device" has details on how you can verify whether or not a backup exists on iCloud (don't do the delete and turn off steps, obviously).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2015 1:58 PM in response to lenafelts

I don't know of a way to access them on the phone if the screen is broken. However, if you have been backing up to iCloud or had it set to automatically backup to iCloud, they may be there. The backed up photos won't show in Photos in iCloud as the backups are stored in a way where you cannot view the contents by logging in to iCloud.com. You can only use the backup to do a complete restore to the phone (or to its replacement or another iOS device).

The section titled "Delete backups and turn off backups for your device" has details on how you can verify whether or not a backup exists on iCloud (don't do the delete and turn off steps, obviously).

can you access photos from a broken iphone if they aren't backed up to icloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.