Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost my Iphone

My Iphone is turned of. So checked 'Find my Iphone' on my Mac and it says 'offline'... but I'm not sure of I ever activated the function 'find my iphone' on my Iphone? Is there a possible way to check this? If not, I beter erase my Iphone..? Instead of sending out signals?

iPhone 5, iOS 8

Posted on May 29, 2015 11:48 AM

7 replies

May 29, 2015 11:50 AM in response to lisavp

If you logged into Find My iPhone and can see the device listed there, then you activated Find My iPhone in iCloud. The fact it is offline could be for any reason, but you mention it is turned off. That would be one of the reasons. The decision to lock or wipe the phone is up to you. If you send either of the commands, they will be executed the next time the device is powered up and connected to the internet.

May 29, 2015 12:00 PM in response to lisavp

The device wouldn't show a location if you had not attempted to view a location anytime in the past. I don't know that I would say everything is safe. You can take a look at this support document if you want some suggestions on what to do since your device has been lost/stolen. If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

May 29, 2015 12:04 PM in response to lisavp

If your phone is powered off, you can do nothing to it remotely. You cannot track it, remotely lock or erase it. To do anything, it needs to be powered on and connected to the Internet by either a wifi signal or a cellular signal. You need the "offline" indication to change to a location indication before you can do anything remotely to it at all.

I lost my Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.