Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have new IPad Air for two days. Unable to view newspapers. Continual message incorrect ID or password even after changing password many times-help!

I have a new IPad Air given as a present two days ago.

Whenever I try to log in to view newspapers I get a message: Incorrect ID or password.

I have tried resetting the password with different ones but I get the same message.

How do I fix this?

Regards

Bill.

iPad Air

Posted on May 29, 2015 12:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2015 1:10 PM

I'm not sure why you would see a message to log in with your Apple ID and password simply to read a downloaded newspaper, if that is what you mean. Is that what you are saying? Does this just occur in your newspaper app?

5 replies

May 29, 2015 4:01 PM in response to WRobertson

I Misunderstood you then. I thought that you had already downloaded the app and you were trying to rad a newspaper but you were not able to do so because of the recurring request to enter your Apple ID and password.

Have you ever used an Apple ID prior to this and if you did, were you successful?

You said that you reset the password several times. Does that process appear to be working correctly meaning are you receiving confirmation from Apple?

IF you are signed into the ID in the settings, try signing out, restart your iPad and then sign in again. Settings>iTunes & App Store>Apple ID>Tap your ID and sign out. Restart the iPad by holding down on the power button until you see the slider bar then slide to the right to shut down. To power up again, hold the power button until you see the Apple logo on the screen. Go back to Settings>iTunes & App Store>Apple ID>Sign in again.

May 31, 2015 12:11 PM in response to Demo

Hi Demo

After my iPad had been set up I was able to view only 2 pages of the Scotsman but I thought this was due to my lack of experience. I didn't then appreciate that you had to obtain an app to be able to read the newspaper.

What I think has happened was that I had not acknowledged an email from Apple and then tried to use my password.

I tried your recommended advice then realised I had to obtain the app. Went through various times of having my iPad locked for security reasons, further changes of password and the Eureka-we were in business.

I have obtained the instructions for using the iPad which I should have done much earlier!

Many thanks for your help.

Regards

Bill

Have new IPad Air for two days. Unable to view newspapers. Continual message incorrect ID or password even after changing password many times-help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.