Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage intermittently not working over wifi

Hello,

Had this issue for several months, tried everything I can find online to resolve with no solution as yet.

Using an iPhone 5S, iOS 8.

iMessages over cellular network is fine. However, when on wifi iMessage is very intermittent and unreliable. This evening, my network crashed briefly and my cellular coverage took over, a message came through which was sent hours earlier and apparently still one missing before that.

Sometimes wifi is fine, sometimes as soon as I disable wifi I receive messages. This is not limited to my own wifi, it appears to be other wifi areas too.

Attempted do far:

-Network reset

-phone reset

-phone complete wipe and restore

-new router at home (when I thought it may have been that)

-removing and restarting all icloud and imessage/facetime

Has anyone had any experiences or possible solutions?

Many Thanks

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 29, 2015 1:55 PM

1 reply

Jul 6, 2015 11:28 AM in response to jsunderlanduk

I have this problem too. I have also tried pretty much all of your solutions and basically have to keep signing in and out of iMessage and FaceTime. We have 2 iPhones (4S and 6) both running up to date software (8.4) both have the exact same problem. We also have to iPads which work perfectly with no issues at all. Also my iMac is working fine.

If anyone has any suggestions please post asap - this problem is really driving me mad.

iMessage intermittently not working over wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.