Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone won't start anymore after the reboot code was sent to me

So a class mate of mine sent me this iphone restart message that restarts your iPhone and makes your iMessage crash. It wasn't funny, that's for sure. My phone did not simply restart, it kept restarting and then crashed down again but I managed to get my phone working by using the finger-unlocking system, iMessage didn't work though, I just thought I could be ok with that until the Update comes out.

Later on, someone sent that message to a whatsapp group chat. Now my iPhone won't start anymore, the finger-unlocking method doesn't work and it's very very hot. I seriously don't know what to do right know, also the battery is empty and when I charge it connect and disconnects. Is there anybody who can help me? I can't Apple Support now.

I'm thankful for ANY advice..

iPhone 6

Posted on May 29, 2015 2:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2015 2:29 PM

Hey Azziris,

I am sorry to hear you are having problems with your iPhone. I hope that most of your information is backed up. I would recommend resetting the device to factory settings to see if this resolves your problem. If you are able to keep the phone connected to the USB cable long enough try following these instructions.

Restore your device. Connect your device to your computer using the cable that came with it. Select your iPhone, iPad, or iPod when it appears in iTunes. Click Restore again to confirm that you want to restore your device to factory settings and delete all data and content.

If you are unable to do this try to force a restart.

To force restart your device, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home button for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

Still having problems? Try this site for more tips.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2015 2:29 PM in response to azziris

Hey Azziris,

I am sorry to hear you are having problems with your iPhone. I hope that most of your information is backed up. I would recommend resetting the device to factory settings to see if this resolves your problem. If you are able to keep the phone connected to the USB cable long enough try following these instructions.

Restore your device. Connect your device to your computer using the cable that came with it. Select your iPhone, iPad, or iPod when it appears in iTunes. Click Restore again to confirm that you want to restore your device to factory settings and delete all data and content.

If you are unable to do this try to force a restart.

To force restart your device, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home button for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

Still having problems? Try this site for more tips.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on - Apple Support

May 29, 2015 3:10 PM in response to Samantha5280

Hello Samantha,

first of all, thank you for your quick answer!

My data is saved and I would love to restore it. When I connect my phone with my Laptop, the connection is stable, but iTunes tells me to unlock my phone which I can't to because it keeps restarting.. I don't unterstand why the connection isn't getting lost, but I bascially can't restore it.

When I try to force a restart, the Apple logo just gets brighter and after a while it's the same

iPhone won't start anymore after the reboot code was sent to me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.