Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Pro's right speaker sounds fuzzy

I've had this problem for about a month, not that long after I upgraded my MacBook Pro (2012) to Yosemite. If i remember correctly it just kind of happened suddenly; no forewarning. The right speaker literally sounds like everything that plays through it has been run through the bitcrusher effect on Garageband. It doesn't happen when the computer is plugged into headphones or speakers, so I don't think it's a problem with the sound card. Maybe the speaker is damaged? I also suspected it might be related to how my computer's battery seems to be dying, but that's just a guess, I'm really not an expert.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Owned it for 3+ years.

Posted on May 29, 2015 2:24 PM

3 replies

Sep 18, 2015 1:27 PM in response to HonestMan!AKA

UPDATE

I think I know how this happened.

Until recently, I used my MBP a lot for recording music. I switched over to a Mac Mini not long after the problem started, but I wonder if the Pro's speakers were damaged by the loud music. I generally relied on external speakers during recording, but there were times when I'd do playback without them. If I'm right, all it would take is a very loud sound panned to the right to do some damage.

My MacBook Pro's right speaker sounds fuzzy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.