Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i got a new iphone and want to sync my photos from my laptop onto my new iphone but i use icloud and its not letting me do it

i got a new iphone and want to sync my photos from my laptop onto my new iphone but i use icloud and its not letting me do it

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

Posted on May 29, 2015 3:40 PM

3 replies

May 29, 2015 3:51 PM in response to scottg456

What have you tried and what is happening (i.e., more specifically what do you mean by "it is not letting me do it")? Do you have Yosemite 10.10.3 and Photos installed on your Mac? Normally, if you go to Settings > Photos & Camera and turn on iCloud Photo Library (and optionally, Optimize Storage) on your phone and open Photos on your Mac and go to Photos > Preferences > iCloud and turn iCloud Photo Library on there, all of your photos will be on your phone, your Mac and iCloud (after giving it time to upload).

May 29, 2015 4:33 PM in response to scottg456

Sorry, but I'm not understanding. Your original post says that you are using iCloud: "i got a new iphone and want to sync my photos from my laptop onto my new iphone but i use icloud and its not letting me do it"

If you have iCloud Photo Library turned on then you cannot use iTunes to sync photos from your computer. If you have that turned on, turn it off in Settings > Photos & Camera.

Again, some more specifics about what you mean by "its not letting me do it" would also be helpful.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.