Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone6 requests the password of another user

I recently bought an Iphone 6. When I was starting it, I logged with my old Apple ID and I tried to download my backup. When I tried to do it, my iphone requested a password but not mine, it was requesting the password of another Apple ID.

Has that ever happened to anyone? Any ideas about what I should do?

iPhone 6

Posted on May 29, 2015 4:24 PM

8 replies

May 29, 2015 10:14 PM in response to juliac9

You said the iPhone 6 was "brand new." Did it come in an original Apple factory sealed box? Did it come from either an Apple Store or Authorized Apple Retailer?

If so, as gail says above, if you are good with setting it up as new, then you can be done with it. Otherwise, I suggest you return the iPhone and request a replacement unit.

If you answered "no" to original factory sealed box or Apple Store - authorized retailer, then that is likely the source of the issue.

May 30, 2015 8:50 AM in response to sberman

It came from a Mobile Network Operator here in my country - I suppose that fits in the Authorized Apple Retailer-, the company is solid. I bought with four other Iphones. It came in the Apple factory sealed box.

I hardly think that I would get a replacement since I've already started using it and, as everything seems to be fine with it now, I am keeping it without the back up.

Thanks to everyone that tried to help.

Julia

Iphone6 requests the password of another user

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.