Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question about sim card

I Have a new iphone6 and want to unlock my old iphone5 from att. one of the procedural steps says the the phone ( my old one) must have the original SIM card in it I.e. The SIM card that's now in my iPhone 6. My question is will I mess anything up removing the sim from my iPhone 6, sticking it in the iphone 5, doing the unlock procedure, then putting it back in my iPhone 6? I'm really confused and hesitant.. Thanks for any help

iPhone 5, iOS 8

Posted on May 29, 2015 8:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2015 8:25 PM

oldlures wrote:

I Have a new iphone6 and want to unlock my old iphone5 from att. one of the procedural steps says the the phone ( my old one) must have the original SIM card in it

This is incorrect. It simply need a valid SIM card.

You can use the original SIM that was in it (and is now in your iPhone 6). Nothing will get messed up.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2015 8:25 PM in response to oldlures

oldlures wrote:

I Have a new iphone6 and want to unlock my old iphone5 from att. one of the procedural steps says the the phone ( my old one) must have the original SIM card in it

This is incorrect. It simply need a valid SIM card.

You can use the original SIM that was in it (and is now in your iPhone 6). Nothing will get messed up.

Question about sim card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.