Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs playing until the 2:27 mark and skipping to the end in iTunes

This is a problem that has been irking me for the past month or two, and that doesn't seem to have a proper solution anywhere on the web.

Whenever I add new files to my library, some of these new files only play until 2:37 and then skip to the end (the last second). The skipping point is sometimes 2:00 or 3:00, but mostly 2:37.

If I convert these files to AAC files, they are 2:37 minutes long. (or 2:00 and 3:00 if those are the skipping points)

Here is a screenshot to provide some context: http://s1.bild.me/bilder/030315/9893623Capture.JPG

This seems to be happening randomly and the song can actually play beyond 2:37 if I start playing at a point after 2:37.

The files itself are not corrupt, as I have been able to successfully play them beyond 2:27 with other players (VLC, Windows, etc)

There is nothing wrong with the start time and end time, and I also have tried re-installing iTunes, but the problem still remains.

I also tried re-adding the problematic files, but they rarely have ever succeeded.

The only times this succeeds is when I converted the corrupt files to M4A (or any other compatible format) through a 3rd party software, and re-added them again. Sometimes, even this doesn't work.

Does anyone have a solution, preferably someone on the Apple support staff, for this?

Thanks,

Don Lankley

Dell Inspiron/Windows 7 Pro-OTHER, This is not a problem with the OS

Posted on May 29, 2015 4:48 PM

There are no replies.

Songs playing until the 2:27 mark and skipping to the end in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.