Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot see or insert my pictures in Ibooks Author. Photo Booth is the only option and do not show my images

I upgraded my operating system to OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 on a MacBook Pro mid 2012, 13 ", but is that now I can not insert pictures in my book because I do not see them in the picture section. They can be smooth videos and music, but not so with my images, which is essentially the most important. Only the photobooth application shown, and I need to see the pictures. I saw the same complaint from others. I think it should, Please correct this situation quickly, as the authors can not continue with our work. I bought this computer just because I need to publish my book. the previous version of the operating system permited I see the images.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 29, 2015 8:25 PM

4 replies

May 31, 2015 9:55 AM in response to Cevicano

I have the same problem and raised it with Apple Support. They tried troubleshooting but ended up reproducing the problem on their own machine. Mao they referred it to the U.S. Engineers who reported that it is "reproducible worldwide" = a bug!

We will have to wait for an update (unspecified date) for Photo for Mac in the new OS to work with iBooks Author. LeCreature's workaround will help you in the meantime.

Is it too much to expect Apple's Beta testing checks that new apps work with their own existing programs?

I cannot see or insert my pictures in Ibooks Author. Photo Booth is the only option and do not show my images

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.