Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My flash doesn't work while making a video or in flashlight mode

but it does work when I take a picture........ Just not in video or flashlight mode.... If it needs to be a steady stream of light nothing comes on...

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3, Boost network

Posted on May 29, 2015 5:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2015 6:17 PM

I never said you couldn't. I was trying to troubleshoot this. If you don't want assistance, just say so. And, there is no such thing as a hard reset, just a reset, and that has nothing to do with your data, nor anything to do with your iCloud storage. A reset is just holding the sleep/wake and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo and then release. The phone will reboot. Is it possible that you are referring to a restore from backup? If so, that just uses the backup you have in iCloud to restore the phone.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2015 6:17 PM in response to Snyderkjna

I never said you couldn't. I was trying to troubleshoot this. If you don't want assistance, just say so. And, there is no such thing as a hard reset, just a reset, and that has nothing to do with your data, nor anything to do with your iCloud storage. A reset is just holding the sleep/wake and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo and then release. The phone will reboot. Is it possible that you are referring to a restore from backup? If so, that just uses the backup you have in iCloud to restore the phone.

May 29, 2015 6:00 PM in response to Averythomas

UMmmmm...... No?

Why would it be a feature for there to be a flashlight which when turned on does not light up? and why would it be a feature that when you are making a video and hit the flash button on, it says it is on, but it does not light up?.....

I do believe you are misunderstanding what my problem is.... When I take photos with the flash turned on, the light flashes...... When I try to record a video with the flash on, there would normally be a steady stream of light... Instead there is no light.... As well as when I turn my flashlight feature on.... There should be a steady stream of light, as there would be on a flashlight.... Hence the purpose of the flashlight feature on the phone.... Instead I turn the flashlight on and it does absolutely nothing... No light comes on.... I know the light is not burned out or broken seeing as when I take photographs with flash turned on the light indeed flashes.... But when I need a steady stream of light I get nothing.

My flash doesn't work while making a video or in flashlight mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.