Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.1.1 midi event list interpolation bug

When you add in information in the event list editor, logic pro x 10.1.1 adds in values in between the values that you add in.......my previous version of pro x did not do this....

problem described here....http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=117119&p=600807&hilit=mid i+controller+additional+info#p600807

Logic Pro X, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 29, 2015 7:46 PM

6 replies

May 29, 2015 9:23 PM in response to scottm80

My understanding is that when you create two Events (MIDI Events or Fader Events) that have a different values, then Logic creates interpolated values between them. There are a few exceptions, for examples switches like Mute, Solo, etc, and CC64 (Sustain), and of course, MIDI Notes. Graphically (mathematically), that means that Logic draws a straight line between the two values (Control Points) when you view them in the MIDI Draw area or the Region Automation.This straight line can be bended with the Automation Curve Tool, which modifies the interpolated Control Points (aka, the curve)

I think the behavior is consistent:

Curve

On a curve, you see only the original Control Points as nodes and the interpolated Control Points are represented by the curve, the line between them.

List

The original (manually created) Control Points are displayed in the Event List and the interpolated (automatically created) Control Points are displayed when you enabled the "Additional Info" button.

Deleting the original Control Points in the Event List deletes the interpolated Control Points. This is also consistent if you look at the graph. Deleting two Control Points, deletes the line between them (the interpolated Control Points)

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

May 30, 2015 12:09 PM in response to EdgarRothermich

Hey..thanks a lot for trying to help!.....understand what you're saying but it didn't use to be this way........I'm trying to make a midi file that will control my axefx using controller values, using the event list(which is easiest imo)....when I add in say 1 for patch 1 then later in the song 4 for patch 4, logic fills in between which is no good. Work around is to place the previous patch number on the last frame before the change, which is ridiculous to have to do....lol........wish I wouldn't have upgraded....

thanks again!

May 30, 2015 12:53 PM in response to scottm80

scottm80 wrote:

When you add in information in the event list editor, logic pro x 10.1.1 adds in values in between the values that you add in.......my previous version of pro x did not do this....

http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=117119&p=600807&hilit=mid i+controller+additional+info#p600807

Wait a minute... there has to be a setting for this somewhere, if there's not a switch for this behavior then it has to be a bug.

May 30, 2015 7:12 PM in response to Pancenter

I'm not so sure its a bug as such but rather deliberate behavior.... to smooth out values.. even if you add events manually rather than by using Midi draw...

However, it's a real pain when you have to use CCs to change programs for certain hardware devices.... as it will step through each program say between 1 and 5 rather than going straight to 1 from 5.....

This was initially discussed here.....

MIDI event controller behaving badly with Axe FX II

Further discussion/investigation on LPH found here...

http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=117119

May 30, 2015 7:55 PM in response to The Art Of Sound

Apple likes to do things for you, whether it's needed or not. (There really should be an enable or disable switch for that behavior)

I've got an idea for some new products Apple might want to look into...

The iWipe, comes in both handheld and permanently installed models, (professional Loo installation advised) Do not upgrade the software without first checking the boards.

And a product that could possibly become Apple's best selling handheld device.. the iWan* (you know where I'm going with this 😉) In gender specific or generic models.

10.1.1 midi event list interpolation bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.