Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Seeing green bubble text when scrolling upward

Why do I see "green bubbles" when scrolling upward to view older text? This only happens to ONE friend who has an iPhone. All other iPhone users stay blue. I've saved older text from several iPhone users, only to find one user who has "green bubbles" when I scroll to view older messages. I've deleted a few green bubbles, only to find myself with more! Is my phone hacked from that particular user?

User uploaded file

Posted on May 29, 2015 9:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2015 10:24 PM

Eeven though he has an iPhone, he has not enabled iMessage, or is not on Wi-Fi, so the messages are deliver as regular (paid) text messages via cellular connection.

4 replies

May 29, 2015 11:54 PM in response to Rysz

nope. Ok, on my phone, I have 4 iPhone users who are friends. I keep a text log which may date back as two-three weeks of texting. IF I scroll upward to "search" for an earlier conversation, the screen tends to "stop and refresh" three of those friends NEVER has a any text in green while refreshing for more. The friend above shows the screen being refreshed AND that is the "only" text bubble and text wording in "green bubble" NOW, if I hold the screen and highlight the text and delete it, it will highlight ANOTHER text bubble and turn it green. It has nothing to do with wifi or enabling messages.

why??

May 30, 2015 1:50 AM in response to Otherone15

So this has happened to me in the past, when I scrolled up on chats; it would show my previous texts rather than iMessages. You could either try deleting the chat, or it will go away over time. What happens is that it showcases all of the texts you have sent recently (relevant to that time-frame), whilst the iMessages load. This happened to me on multiple chats, so I tried both methods, and they both worked. It is up to, but you could also change how long you keep the messages for, as this would delete the older texts. I hope this helped🙂

May 31, 2015 9:12 PM in response to Otherone15

I also have this problem-in a somewhat different manner. Have an iPhone 5c with iOS 8.3. Until the last 3 weeks, I was able to use my home wifi and send messages/text to anyone in my contacts who had an iPhone-with cell data off. Now, I cannot send via wifi connection to anyone with an iPhone if they don't have iMessage enabled.I have been through 3 resets/restores-all different-with 3 different Apple CS reps in the last 3 days. Now they're telling me " it's always been like this. " Well, it has not. I have wasted more than 5 hours on the phone with these guys and I continue to see the green bubble-with or without wifi cell data enabled, and sending to people I KNOW have iPhones.I did not receive the text message all are talking about now-Obviously, the Apple techs don't know-and we don't have an Apple store anywhere near. Frustrated is a mild word for how I feel.Anyone have a solution?

Seeing green bubble text when scrolling upward

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.