Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finally Found A Great USB Hub!

After going through 4 brand new USB hubs from 4 different manufacturers, I finally found one that works perfect with my mid 2012 Mac Pro! My main issue was after sleeping my Mac, I would randomly loose ports upon waking the computer. This Vantec port Based on the VL812-B2 controller works flawlessly! When I wake the computer even from a deep 10 hour sleep, all ports come back everytime! No more dropped hard drives. all the other hubs had the VL812 chip as well, but not the VL812-B2 with the latest 9095 firmware update, and I think that made all the difference! Anyway, after pulling my hair out, and three returns, just thought I would share. The Hub is made of nice extruded aluminum, and has LED's you can actually see. Totally happy with this product! Now we'll see how long it lasts. Also has a smart 2.1 amp charging port that charges my iPhone 6 Plus very fast.User uploaded file

Posted on May 29, 2015 7:06 PM

4 replies

May 30, 2015 5:18 AM in response to lllaass

Yes it is USB 3.0. I have been having issues for the past year with the error message " Disk improperly ejected", this hub has completely cleared that up! All ports return after sleep! I had printers, flash drives, mouse, a portable unpowered Passport hard drive, and another 4 port hub all plugged in with no issues! This is of course running at 2.0 speeds as my computer has no 3.0 PCI CARD installed. Still, every hub I have used beginning with my first Belkin that's 5 total, have given me issues. It was driving me crazy!

Finally Found A Great USB Hub!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.