Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard clicks won't turn off

Keyboard clicks are off but they still make noise, even when sound is all the way down. I have restarted and rebooted and they still click. This must be an error. Any solutions? I want the clicks to go away!

Posted on May 29, 2015 11:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2017 10:29 AM

The answers to this question are spectacularly unhelpful - as have been multiple calls to 'support' - mostly prolonged stumbling about and lots of rebooting without resolution and loss of a couple hours of life. There are few things more annoying than keyboard clicks. Who the &$@! wants to do anything on a mobile device with that inane tapping noise....

My iPad is mediocre technology and best to use it as a slightly better frisbee.

🍏 Please Get Your Head Out Of Your *** (Gotta say it, giving me the choice of having my 'old' iPhone be a slow piece of crap or my 'old' iPhone will shut down randomly is creating a Hobson's choice for customers. 🍏

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2017 10:29 AM in response to Rewbie

The answers to this question are spectacularly unhelpful - as have been multiple calls to 'support' - mostly prolonged stumbling about and lots of rebooting without resolution and loss of a couple hours of life. There are few things more annoying than keyboard clicks. Who the &$@! wants to do anything on a mobile device with that inane tapping noise....

My iPad is mediocre technology and best to use it as a slightly better frisbee.

🍏 Please Get Your Head Out Of Your *** (Gotta say it, giving me the choice of having my 'old' iPhone be a slow piece of crap or my 'old' iPhone will shut down randomly is creating a Hobson's choice for customers. 🍏

May 30, 2015 2:18 AM in response to Rewbie

So you did this:

Go to Settings > Sounds.

Turn your keyboard clicks on or off, and turn device lock sound on or off.

If so then:

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

Keyboard clicks won't turn off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.