Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

time capsule problems

Good day,

some weeks ago I disabled the time machine backup on my Mac Mini. When I've enable the Time Machine after couple of weeks I realized that the Time Capsule (2TB) was not recognized in the network.

I reseted it, I configured again with Airport Utility. It was available on the network again... Of course nothing changed in the Hard Drive: the files were still there and everything seemed ok.

Except when I reactivated the Time Machine. It was not able to recognize the back up history even the file .sparsebundle (about 1,5TB) is stil there.

When I enter in the time machine it shows only "Today" and not any past backups...

I tried to open the file with my Mac Book Pro, and it also do not show the backup history...

Both computers has OS X 10.10.3

Any suggestion?

Thank you

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 30, 2015 1:26 AM

1 reply

May 30, 2015 1:11 PM in response to MauroKTM

TM gets lost.. and a 1.5TB backup is difficult to handle.. over wireless it will take ages to read it..

I suggest you simply connect the mini to the TC by ethernet (if you are not already).. make sure wireless is off.. make sure ipv6 is set to link-local only for the ethernet.

User uploaded file

Then give it time for TM to go back through the history and index it again.. your change arounds have probably caused the index to be lost.. and reindexing 1.5TB takes time.

time capsule problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.