Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A partition got renamed and unable to mount

Hi, my macbook pro has two hard disks - a 500GB Samsung SSD 840 (which is where my OS is installed) and a 500GB Momentus XT. The momentus xt has three partitions. Recently one of the partitions was unable to be mounted and after several attempts of verify and repair disk and restart, the whole hard disk got implicated:

User uploaded file

Whenever i restart, I receive the following warning - "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer." I am unable to verify or repair the disk. In fact, from having three partitions, now all the partitions seem to have disappeared. However, I would like to believe that the data are still within the hard disk. Is there someone that can assist?

By the way, i was in the midst of spring cleaning with my data and this happened. For your information, my main SSD only left about 20GB.

The information of my mac is as below:

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 29, 2015 7:12 PM

3 replies

A partition got renamed and unable to mount

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.