Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i bought my iphone6 16 GB from a shop but it has a AT&T sim already. Will i be able to use my phone with another sim.

i bought my iphone6 16 GB from a shop but it has a AT&T sim already. Will i be able to use my phone with another sim.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 29, 2015 7:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2015 7:38 PM

If the phone is locked to AT&T, then you will not be able to use another SIM until AT&T unlocks it.

You should also check to make sure that the phone is not locked to another iCloud account via an Activation Lock:

https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/

If it is Activation Locked to another iCloud account, return the phone for a refund. If it is Activation Locked, you will never be able to use it unless you can contact the previous owner to turn off the Activation Lock:

Find My iPhone Activation Lock: Removing a device from a previous owner’s account - Apple Support

Best of luck,

GB

Cheers,

GB

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2015 7:38 PM in response to prashanth.siva

If the phone is locked to AT&T, then you will not be able to use another SIM until AT&T unlocks it.

You should also check to make sure that the phone is not locked to another iCloud account via an Activation Lock:

https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/

If it is Activation Locked to another iCloud account, return the phone for a refund. If it is Activation Locked, you will never be able to use it unless you can contact the previous owner to turn off the Activation Lock:

Find My iPhone Activation Lock: Removing a device from a previous owner’s account - Apple Support

Best of luck,

GB

Cheers,

GB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.