Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone theft

Apple genius, please help!

I have bought a contract free iphone 6 at Apple store in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The next day, I traveled to China, by the way, I left the un-opened iphone box in my checked-in baggage. Unfortunately, my luggage was delayed for a week. Not until I have my luggage, I found the phone was stolen. Then I checked my serial # on the receipt, the phone is still unactivated.

Guys, is there anything I can do except favoring the thief?

Part #: MG472LL/A

Serial #: DNPP6A0QG5MN

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on May 29, 2015 7:47 PM

7 replies

May 30, 2015 12:38 AM in response to roaminggnome

Yeah! thanks for this. I have a not too similar case. Mine was stolen on the plane. It had been in use but can't remember if 'Find my Phone was activated on it. But when I bought a replacement and activated it, I saw I could track the lost phone. It has been offline since. I was contacted by some guy who has not been cooperative. I don't know what exactly he wants. I reported to the Police and here is the crux of the matter: the Police wants the IMEI number. I can't find the pack and it is not listed in my iCloud account! Is there still help anywhere?

The phone is not tied to any network!

Iphone theft

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.