Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to set unlimited song length in GarageBand on iPad mini 3?

I want to have a song length in GB that is not limited by 8 bar sections. When I try to add sections GB will only play the song in sections and loops the section. I try to rewind the song buy it won't go back to the beginning of the song, only the beginning of the added section. An old YouTube tutorial I watched said if I clicked on section A and selected automatic I could extend the song. My new version of GB doesn't have an automatic choice, only manual.

I've used GB for years on my desktop and laptops and never had this problem.

iPod mini, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 29, 2015 10:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2015 12:15 AM

GarageBand on iOS is very different from GarageBand on a Mac. The touchscreen make it perfect for playing instruments, but the song arrangement options are limited, due to the storage and processing restrictions on mobile devices. You can start a song on the iPad and then transfer it to your Mac to finish it.

To extend a region across multiple sections try this: http://help.apple.com/garageband/ipad/2.0/index.html#chs3c3ef5dc

Extend a region across multiple sections

• Open the song section controls, then tap All Sections.
  • Tap anywhere in Tracks view to close the song section controls.
  • Move, resize, or loop the region to extend across multiple sections. You can also record a new region across multiple sections.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2015 12:15 AM in response to Robert Riedlinger

GarageBand on iOS is very different from GarageBand on a Mac. The touchscreen make it perfect for playing instruments, but the song arrangement options are limited, due to the storage and processing restrictions on mobile devices. You can start a song on the iPad and then transfer it to your Mac to finish it.

To extend a region across multiple sections try this: http://help.apple.com/garageband/ipad/2.0/index.html#chs3c3ef5dc

Extend a region across multiple sections

• Open the song section controls, then tap All Sections.
  • Tap anywhere in Tracks view to close the song section controls.
  • Move, resize, or loop the region to extend across multiple sections. You can also record a new region across multiple sections.

How to set unlimited song length in GarageBand on iPad mini 3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.