Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipad mini 2 on 8.1.2 not recognizing Amazon Echo on bluetooth

I have an iPad mini 2 running 8.1.2 and it's not recognizing the Amazon Echo on bluetooth at all. The Echo syncs great with phones in the room, but when the Echo says it's looking for bluetooth connections, the iPad cannot be found. Also, unlike my iPhone 5C (also running 8.1.2 and connects flawlessly), the iPad does not list the Echo on its list of devices on the Bluetooth page in settings. The iPad does list other bluetooth speakers that it has connected to in the past, though.

I've tried everything: restarting several times, turning the iPad on and off again, resetting Network Settings, changing wifi connections... but none of it makes the iPad see the Echo on its list of bluetooth devices.

iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on May 29, 2015 8:33 PM

1 reply

My ipad mini 2 on 8.1.2 not recognizing Amazon Echo on bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.