Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync only videos in smart albums to iOS ( not all videos)

Increasingly i find media such as photos and video being shot interchangeably

I am using a MAC ecosystem and you can assume that latests Mac Os , Apps, and ios hardware.

in my case it makes sense to manage all media in aperture by combining stills and video in date order. Typically i have

- project 2015 ( images not referenced but stored on separate hard drive in similar configuration to described here)

- albums for each month eg 0115

- i dont distinguish between stills and video as its not a useful distinction as slideshows benefit from both playing, and the little person videos i edit may include stills thus its useful to see them in a time sorted order

However videos can be massive and thus synchronising even just a month or two to my 128G iphone 6+ can quickly take up most of the storage and i would prefer to be selective of what video is brought across to my ios device but not by haveing to separate them out from stills.

In Itune Photo Synchronise settings i can select

- include videos , or

- dont include videos

So if i have v

- videos peppered throughout my monthly albums

- and create a smart album to include only 5 star rated videos

- turn off include videos

-WELL the result is obvious, no videos on ios

Turning on "include videos" syncs the videos from every project and album i choose

is there method to keep videos in their location in date ordered monthly albums, yet only synchronise a chosen group of videos by rating or any other method

TIA

iPhone 6 Plus, Mac OS X (10.0.x), Aperture 3.6, Itunes 12.1.2.27

Posted on May 29, 2015 10:27 PM

There are no replies.

Sync only videos in smart albums to iOS ( not all videos)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.