Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pedometer for iPhone 5c

Hi all. I've got the iPhone 5s and so far so good. My wife has also just upgraded but as she didn't get a great deal on the phone she went for the 5c. As we've since found out that the health app doesn't work on its own I wanted to ask advice on the best pedomete app that can sync with the health app. Like which has the best accuracy and uses less battery life etc. thank you for your time.

iOS 8.3

Posted on May 30, 2015 1:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2017 11:02 AM

As noted by another, the 5c does not have a motion and fitness tracker and most pedometer apps will give an error message if you try to download them on a 5c (I tried). However, several do work – they must use a different method to detect motion. After downloading one that seemed to work but had too many annoying featured, I found one that is extremely simple and seems to be functional on my phone. It's the Withings “Health Mate” app. Although it’s only Day 1 of my using it, it seems to count pretty accurately so far. I thought of this post that I found the other day when I was looking for a solution for my 5c and figured I'd better submit this now before I forget, as I am likely to do now that I think I found a solution.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2017 11:02 AM in response to Daveyy68

As noted by another, the 5c does not have a motion and fitness tracker and most pedometer apps will give an error message if you try to download them on a 5c (I tried). However, several do work – they must use a different method to detect motion. After downloading one that seemed to work but had too many annoying featured, I found one that is extremely simple and seems to be functional on my phone. It's the Withings “Health Mate” app. Although it’s only Day 1 of my using it, it seems to count pretty accurately so far. I thought of this post that I found the other day when I was looking for a solution for my 5c and figured I'd better submit this now before I forget, as I am likely to do now that I think I found a solution.

Nov 13, 2017 3:30 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

I am using a 5C due to IOS 11 screwing up my Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on my 5S. II can download and install pedometer apps, like Stepz, but it just will not work, I get the error message,

"Stepz will not work on your device because it doesn't have an Apple Motion Coprocessor. Please make sure that you use this app with a compatible device like the iPhone 5s, iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus", so any iPhone before 5S is out of luck.I find this odd as my wifes 8GB Samsung Galaxy can use the android version just fine and thats an old phone and I'd be surprised it that had a

Motion Coprocessor. Either wat thanks for the tip on Health M8. Will give it a whirl.

Nov 13, 2017 4:36 AM in response to Uberwolf

Just an update, while I can install Health Mate on my iPhone you need a constant connection to the Internet for it to work, bummer, for me at leasr.

Just as a point to Apple, these are the kind of issues I am faced with because of the damage done to my 5S by updating to IOS 11 and I am not the pnly one that ended up with this issue. What, for me is unforgiveable other than the fact Apple do not appear to be working on a solution other than telling Customers to reset networking settings or set up the phone as a new iphone, I have done all this to no avail also Apple will not allow me and others in this situation to revert back to 10.3.3, a version of IOS whereby my Wi-Fi and Bluetooth worked fine.

Pedometer for iPhone 5c

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.